Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Gotta a Feeling . . .

That tonight's gonna be a good night. . .

This was my first weekend here and I had so much fun! Like I said before I was suppose to go to Nerja but decided to sleep in Saturday morning because of jetlag, but everything played it's course. Instead I stayed in for most of the day trying to fix my computer and then went out with some of the guys for ice cream and for our afternoon snack we had churros with chocolate. . .mmm good! But I must say the best part of yesterday was last night, for the first time I went to the center of the city and it was so beautiful. I went club hopping with some of the people from my dorm and didn't return to the dorm til 5am. And now I know what it feels like to not have any rhythm or look like it, I know I looked weird last night because I did not know how to dance to the music and Sara had to teach me. I never thought I would see the day, but after a few songs I got the hang of things and start incorporaing my own flare to it. Here are some pictures from Saturday night with some of my friends at the dorm.

The first picture is me with one of my roommates, Sara, who is done with school after this summer (here the summer ends the 26th of September). But I am happy that I met her because she is really nice and trying to help me fit in by including me in everything. The second picture is Sara, Juan David, Roger, Jose, and me at El Pimpi. El Pimpi is a popular bar in the city and the bottle in the picture is a house wine that you are suppose to take shots of. . .I did not like it!. And the last picture is me with some friends of Sara that we met in one of the clubs, Sound.

I had so much fun last night and learned so many new words, a lot of them I cannot repeat but they said I still needed to know them : ). Funny story, being me of course I wore my 5in heels to go out last night and when I got done my feet were killing me, never again. . .and if I do I am only wearing wedges or dare I say it, flats. It wouldn't have been so bad if the streets here were flat but the streets are made up of cemented rocks, which almost made me fall, twice! All in all everyday here is proving to be better that the last.

Today was a pretty chill day I just slept in. But one bad thing did happen, before I went out last night I updated my Itunes and I realized this morning that it had locked my Iphone and I think I threw away the AT&T sim card so now I can't reactivate it because all I have now is the Spain sim card, : (. I tried so many hacking websites today but nothing worked, so now I am out of a phone and an ipod, so tomorrow hopefully I can get a new phone or find someway to activate my phone without the sim card. Besides that, today I just chilled and played basketball (attempted) after dinner. It's so different eating here, because I am so use to eating pizza, french fries, chicken, etc. with my hands, but here everyone uses a fork and knife with almost everything. So looking at me, you would think that I don't have good etiquette, so for the first time ever I ate TUNA pizza with a fork and knife! OMG!
Today's lesson: When in Spain do as the Spaniards do!

Well in the morning I am going to the beach with some of my classmates, so I will definitely have a lot of pictures to show! Until then, good night!

No comments: