Saturday, September 5, 2009

Getting Prepared to Leave - Thank you

I knew this day was coming, but now it's finally here. . . I leave Sunday for Spain. Yesterday was my last day at work and it made me realize how grateful I am that I transferred to State. The friendships I have created, the people that I've met, and the opportunities that I have can never be replaced or forgotten. I have worked at Georgia State for the past two years and have learned the importance of cultivating relationships with people. It was so hard for me to not cry, it feels awesome to know that you are going to be missed but better to know that you have a second family that cares about you. I am truly thankful for all the smiles, advice, and kind words from you all; I am truly going to miss you COL.

However, I know that a year is a long time but with skype, facebook, and this blog it will feel like I am on a short vacation. I am so grateful for this opportunity but I am really going to miss my family and friends. I have traveled abroad before but never for this long and need comfort just as much as you (family). But please remember that I am just a skype phone call away. I can't wait to post pictures and videos so that you all can live vicariously through my journey abroad. Thank you so much to my family and friends for all of your continued support.

Now to my real dilemma, I am finally done packing my clothes and realized that I am taking too much stuff, but how do you really pack for a year without taking your life with you?

No comments: